The 2010 Valentine's Dessert Auction Youth Fundraiser is a success. COTH Youth Leader, Noelle Bonk said $1186.00 has been raised from Friday's event.
COTHY would like to thank the auctioneer, Albert Bugiera from Indian Head who volunteered his services to auction off an impressive array of desserts and donations.
- toboggan donated by Sluser's Garage
- potted Cyclamen donated by Perras Lucky Dollar
- handpainted rock with Bible verse donated by artist Celine Giroux
- a semi transport truck and Olympic pin donated by Hoffart Services
Dessert items up for grabs included:
- Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cheesecake (in plastic carrier)
- Triple Chocolate Cake (with flowers)
- Apple Streusal Muffins
- 'Hamburger' Cake
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Cupcakes (in back box)
- Chai Tea Truffles with Pink bow
- Black Forest Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake in glass keeper
- Strawberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cookie Buttons
- Cinnamon buns (box on left)
- Heart-shaped Jam Jams
- Chocolate Cupcakes decorated with Hugs and Kisses
Also auctioned off was this crocheted throw pillow hand made by one of the youths, Samantha
Foot Game: If you're wondering what Heather, Celine and Lori are doing, they've taken up the challenge to identify their spouse's foot when it comes through the door, made harder by a couple extra strange feet.
For 25 cents, you could guess how many candies were in this large candy jar. It was won by Wes with a guess of 400 although I don't have the actual number.
Door prizes and winners of the Foot Game won bags of candy and mugs filled with candy.
Items made by the youth like the greeting cards, bracelets, cross necklaces and keychains were available for sale.
All monies raised during this event will go toward the Youth and their Mission Trips this summer.
The Church on the Hill Youth would like to thank all those people who made and donated items for this fundraiser.